Truck back from the Body Shop

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 16:33:24 EST

FWIW, Two weeks ago last Friday I was slowing to make a left turn into the YMCA
parking lot near my house (go three times a week before work) and a guy
following me in a Ram was not paying attention and clip the right rear corner
of my truck with the left front corner of his.

The right side of the bumper was pushed into the bed and crushed the corner
which also caused the bed to oil can in above the wheel well. The right side
tail light was broken and a nasty ding was put in the edge of the tailgate. The
Ram had pretty equivalent damage to the left front.

I dropped the truck off at my buddies body shop a week ago yesterday. For my
inconvenience the Ram driver's insurance paid for; a 05 Camry rental for the
week, I got the whole right side of the bed replaced (inner and outer skins)
which took care of the nasty scratch I had, I got a new tailgate which took
care of a golf ball size dent I had, a new bumper which took care of a small
ding in the left side. Extras included set of aftermarket carbon fiber style
taillights in place of one factory style replacement and color matching the
bumper inserts to the lower silver on my two-tone truck. He also gave me the
left over paint so I can paint the front lower fascia to match the lower
silver. These guys do excellent work and the bed almost looks to good to put
the bed liner back in.

All in all a pretty fair trade for the aggravation! :)

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4