Re: Mobile 1 Oil

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 18:15:10 EST

When Mobil 1 first came out back in the early 70's they were advertising 25k
oil change intervals.

I was reading an on going test in an LS1 Firebird where they were taking oil
samples every 3k miles and having it analyzed and Amsoil, Redline and Mobil 1
all easily went to 15k+ miles with no appreciable break down in the oil. If you
changed the filter every 5k and topped off with new oil they said 20K+ was no
problem.

I have been using Mobil 1 regularly in my turbo motors since I got the first
one back in 85. I have always gone 7.5K miles on oil changes with Mobil 1. The
first 2.2 turbo had 240,000 miles when my sone wrapped it around a tree. The
second one had 176,000 miles on it when I had to change the head gasket and it
was still showing the original honing marks in the bores. My 89 Dakota had
256,000 miles on it when I sold it and it always had 5k oil change intervals
with conventional oil.

This advertising does not suprise me or seem out of line at all.