Re: Won' Start / Fuel Pump

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 10:48:26 EST

"Bob Nichols" <bocd@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message

> my guess is the pump is shot again....i run the gas low alot....

I run mine low all the time, I usually end up running it down to where the
pointer is sitting right on the E before filling up. I've got 74k on mine
and have never had any issues whatsoever. I don't understand how some
trucks can eat these parts and others don't. I'm still on my original
catalytic converter too, and I checked it out when I put my exhaust on last
summer, it's not clogged in the least or cracked at all, whereas I had a
friend go through like 6 cats on his truck in 3 years, all replaced by dodge
under warranty.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L