Engine Removal

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 17:28:27 EST

I'm rebuilding a friends 3.9 (good practice for my upcoming 408:)
Regarding a '93 3.9 with an AX15, the FSM says to remove the transmission to
clutch housing bolts. Wouldn't it be easier to leave the clutch housing
(bell housing) attached to the tranny and remove the clutch housing to
engine block bolts instead? Once the clutch housing to engine bolts are
removed, how far forward does the engine have to go before it can be lifted?
Just a few inches for the clutch to clear the housing?

Thanks,
James