RE: SCORE no more

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 15:15:42 EST

In article <BAY21-F42698BDC01B21CD900829A984A0@phx.gbl>,
adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com ("Mr. Plow") writes:

> Hey Dean,
>
> Similar thing happened with my Jeep club, now it's just a bunch of folks
> that like to grab dinner once a week, and get out wheeling together.
> The "club" failed for stupid reasons, but it's kinda better this way i
> think. ;)
>
> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....

Unfortunately, that happens with a lot of clubs. Once you start electing
officers and/or collecting dues, it becomes a political/popularity thing. The
Mopar club I was in has the same thing happening. I served a time as the club
president and I just got tired of all the little infighting between everyone.
It seemed as if everyone had his or her own personal agenda and it just wasn’t
fun anymore. While I still maintain the website for the club, I haven’t been
to a club event in over a year and talking with the current club president,
membership is about ¼ of what it was when I was club president.

Walt