Engine Swap PCM Questions

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 21:53:28 EST

Well I decided to ditch the 3.9 in my 98 and replace it with a 5.2.
However, I have a few questions....as usual! :)

1. I know I need a different PCM, but if I replace the PCM, can the 5.2
  PCM be flashed with my 3.9 VIN #, or should I have both the PCM and
body controller flashed with a 5.2 VIN??

2. Can I use a 5.9 or Mopar Performance PCM?

3. Since the 5.2 is going to be stock, I think I can get away with using
the existing 42RE. Would the 42RE cause any problems with the 5.2 PCM
or body controller?

Thats about it for now, all I gotta do is get all the little stuff to
make it work! :)

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd
1998 Sport 3.9