Re: Dak 05 v8 performance suggestions wanted

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 16:46:21 EST

On my 05 I gained 3mpg by putting in a k&n drop in filter and ditching
the rear exhaust resonator. Tonneau cover helped too, but not by much.

One other aspect is gas... I get better milage out of 89 rather than 87.
  The 4.7's have a slightly higher compression rate than the older
magnums, so ya gotta give it a little more octane to get the best
performance.

As far as real HP Performance.... not worth it right now! Just try to
do a burnout while stopped, you'll get my drift!

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd
1998 Sport 3.9
www.garyhedlin.com