Re: Gas going up.... again.

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 03:23:09 EDT

Robert wrote:
> I think ya need to lighten up a bit. Not everyone has the same views
on the
> war, just cause you don't think its right , doesn't mean its not.
>

> Robert

Neither does your belief make it right. I'm more than happy to hear
well thought out reasons supporting it, though - although perhaps the
off-topic list would be a better place.

rwerning@wi.rr.com wrote:

> If the war in Iraq was really about oil, we would have saved the hassle of
> flying the troups to Iraq and just invaded Canada. There's more oil reserves
> in the Canadian oil sands than Iraq (some 300b barrels).
>
> - RJ

This I know, and I also know that Canada is the largest exporter of oil
products to the US already.

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/mpsc/reports/energy/02summer/oilimports.htm

I guess I worded that last bit of my original post wrong. I'm not
trying to accuse the US gov't of only going in after oil, but anyone who
tries to tell me that further securing petroleum reserves in the persian
gulf wasn't VERY high on the to-do list is inhaling a bit too much super
unleaded.

Anyway, I'm finished with this topic, as I'm not going to convince
anyone that hasn't been under a rock for a few years, and you're not
going to convince me.