Re: Gas going up.... again. BERND!!

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 13:00:04 EDT

On Apr 6, 2005 11:56 AM, Josh Battles <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:

> ""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <fasstdak@hotmail.com> wrote in message .
> >
> > The 91 CA fuel is highly "oxygenated" - makes for some weird smells at the
> > pump and strange performance in different altitudes.
>
> I love non-oxygenated fuels. Whenver I go to my parents' place in southern
> IL I notice a huge difference in how my truck performs. I also get better
> mileage than I do with the oxygenated fuels we have here in the Chicagoland
> area.

Gotta love it - "oxygenated" supposedly is supposed to mean cleaner
emissions, but you're increasing the amount of gas burned. It's
probably a wash in the final analysis.

To make the math easy, if oxygenated gas has 50% fewer "bad"
emissions, but 50% of the fuel economy, you've gained nothing, right?