Re: Offroading during National DML Meet

From: rwerning@wi.rr.com
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 18:28:36 EDT

One of the coolest things I saw at the hummer event was that they had contacted
a local dealer and arranged to have a mechanic onsite to help with broken down
vehicles. They had an area set up in the parking lot of the hotel most ppl
stayed at, and then any vehicles that needed to be worked on were attended to
in short order by the mechanic (for a price of course).

Many of the Hummer owners work on their own vehicles, but it was great having a
qualified mechanic there to help out, offer advice, or get a needed part
dropped off ASAP. I don't think there was any hummers down for more than a
couple hours. Well - except for the one that rolled over, but it was the owner
of the local hummer dealer that did it, so he just went and got another one to
use.

I don't know if this sort of arrangement could be worked out for the Colorado
event, but contacting a local dealer and working out something where they would
fix any vehicles on a priority basis would be great.

- RJ