Re: Power Slot Rotor Sale - KRC Performance

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 09:57:54 EDT

Drilled or slotted rotors in the same size as stock will not improve the
initial stopping power. What they do do is in wet weather they give the water a
place to go so the pads don't hydroplane (for lack of a better description).
And, under long application of the brakes a lot of heat is generated and the
glue/binders in the pads will start to out gas, the holes or slots give those
gases some place to go. In essence they increase the time before brake fad
becomes and issue.

Pad material can change the coeficient of friction thus improving sottping
power. Better quality pads can also reduce the outgassing phenomenon reducing
fad. If you change to better quality pads and the slotted rotors you should see
a significant improvement in braking.

Personally I am statisfied with the improvement from better pads on stock
rotors that I don't feel the 6 times premium for the power slots is worth it.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4

In article <42561616.30206@insightbb.com>, barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com (Barry
Oliver) writes:

> Assuming new ceramic pads, how much of a difference am I likely to feel
> compared to solid rotors? Since I have mildly oversize tires, a little
> more stopping uumph might be appreciated, but after Uncle Sam'e bite,
> $220 to fix unbroken brakes requires justification... ;-)
>

> >B1LLYW@aol.com wrote:
> > $195 a pair until further notice - shipping runs around $25 a pair on
> > average. Covers Ram 1500 from 94 to current, Dakota from 97 to 04, Durango
from 98 to
> > 05, yes the new bodystyle. If you have one of the above with factory rear
> > disc brakes, Power Slot has those applications also.
> >
> > If you have another make, model, etc. then shoot me an e-mail. Pricing
should
> > be the same or close. We can get whatever Power Slot has an application
for.

> > Bill White - KRC Performance
> >
> > http://www.revelation320.org
> >
> > '02 Dakota QC Sport Plus, 4x4, 4.7, 5spd, 3.55 LSD, Leather, Sirius, 180
> > t-stat, NGK 2262's, KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks, MBRP Stainless Split Duals,
Superchips,