Re: Roasted Hemi under glass

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 09:44:07 EDT

Barry Oliver wrote:

> http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=343544
>
> looks like that guys havin a rough day..

Sheesh - Fun with Fuel alright - that coulda been me .... twice...

Back when I first bought Christine, I was working on taking the stuff
off the motor to prep it to be pulled... well I had removed the TB and
almost everythine else besides the engine itself, when I remembered
there was a check engine light on, so I wanted to try and figure out
what the code was. I had no battery in it at the time so I connected
jumper cables from the battery terminals to the 2wd Dakota. Didn't know
the key was in the on position inside Christine, also didn't know that
the fuel line wasn't plugged - - LOL covered the entire engine with
gasoline!

More recently, when I was working on the 87 Ranger, I replaced the fuel
pressure regulator, and didn't know it but the O-ring was damaged when I
installed it. Lucky the engine was cold. I went to start it up, and
fuel started pouring down from under the engine area, killed the engine
popped the hood, and fuel everywhere.

Who needs R/T? The DML has me instead LOL.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *100* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/