Re: Re: Anyone w/ Carfax Account?

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 00:52:05 EDT

DR CHALLENGER wrote:

> which makes it useless

I would say it's useless for the consumer, to be exact.

Essentially, you can get a clear title by re-titling it in a state
without salvage titles. So if a rebuilder picked up a vehicle with a
salvage title, then re-titles it in another state, the record of the VIN
would show at one time it was salvaged and THEN it would show up.

IMHO, Carfax is just a "feel good" item for the average consumer. It's
REALLY something for any used car lot so they can plop down a sheet of
paper saying the car is ok, It's NOT a substitute for knowing what to
look for. Even the best body shops leave tell-tale signs of their work,
ya just gotta know where they are. :)

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd (in body shop already)
1998 Sport 3.9 (DOA)
www.garyhedlin.com