RE: RE: '00 power window problem

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 07:50:11 EDT

No problem Ned.

Just as a test, bang on the middle of the door panel while you're holding
the button down (or up). If the motor starts working again, it's definitely
time to replace it. Some people have just tapped on them to break loose the
dirt from the brushes ("unsticking" them) but that's only a temporary fix.

You can also check the switch by using a test light at the motor (back
probing the connector - no need to disconnect it). Move the switch up and
then down to verify that power is going to both sides (up and down).

Again, my bet is on the motor though.

- Bernd