AHHHH! A man bonding with his DAK

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 19:47:05 EDT

Hey, DML!
Finally got to spend a little bit o' QT with the DAKSY...
It was time for an oil change & I decided to begin the process of a well
deserved (& needed)
tune-up...I couldn't find any 3923s at Wally World, but they had 3924s &
I've run them earlier in her with no probs, so what the Hell, I bought em &
some Mobil 1 10w-39 & then swung by NAPA for the Gold filter, a brass cap &
rotor. The PITA oil change was the usual mess, but at 105K I'm used to it...
OK onto the plug change! I got the first five out, new ones gapped &
installed in the time it took me to JUST GET THE FREEKIN 6TH ONE OUT!
(grumble mutter sputter bleed) & getting it IN was just as much fun...
With 40K on the last set of 3923s, I guess I forgot the joy of the
process...I didn't get to the cap/rotor, but I will this weekend....
On the down side I have a major leak of some sort as evidenced by the
wetness covering the entire lower frame parts. I'm thinkin that my PS unit
is either shot, or a hose has a pin hole somewhere...I've known about it for
about a month, but with a garage full of junk & the constant rainy weather,
I've been procrastinating & keeping PS fluid containers in the bed for use
when she starts squealin...
Anybody had a hose fail & replace it, or should I just suck it up & go for a
new pump?
TIA,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(OOOOO! She runs NICE!)