Re: i bought an '05.....update

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 20:22:43 EDT

Andy Levy wrote:

> Ah, but how big are the tanks, and how accurate are the gauges? FWIW,
> the gas gauge in my '03 is "fuzzier" than the one in my '99 was.

Th gage on my 05 is pretty accurate. If I fill up and set the trip
meeter, the reading on the gage is pretty damn close to what it should
be according to the overhead computer's MPG estimate.

The only big thing I've noticed is when the 05 is on E, it's practically
empty. Unlike the 98 where if you're on E, you've got a 10-20 mile cushion.

It took me a while to get used to it, but I just learned to never let it
go past 1/4 tank! :)

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd (fixed, good as new)
1998 Sport 3.9 (back from the dead)