RE: GenII tire options

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 13:16:54 EDT

>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:32:27 +0000 (UTC)
>From: kvmac45@comcast.net
>Subject: DML: GenII tire options
>
>Can anybody tell me if 235-75-15s will be OK on a 92 2wd Dak? They will be
>mounted on stock 15x8 GenIII rims. I don't know if the tires will be too
>tall
>and rub on anything. Truck has stock suspension still. Thanks.
>

>Kevin
>1992 CC 318 auto

I've had very little trouble with my 235/75/15s on 15x7 GenIII Wheels. My
issue hasn't been vertical rubbing, but horizontal on the front end, the
tires actually hit the frame at full lock. I've had well in excess of 500
lbs in the bed several times with no issues there. Run good shocks and you
should be ok. You can see pics on my web page, www.bsu.edu/web/ztburcham
and look for the "My Truck" links. I've run two sets of tires that size
Firestone Wilderness A/Ts and now Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revos. Fills the
wheel well nicely.

Zachary Burcham
92DakotaHD