Re: DML BBQ and Carfax questions

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 02:09:42 EDT

Chris Reck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone heading to the DML BBQ that will be passing by Bloomington,
> IL? I am going to be taking I-80 straight out and wanted to know if there
> was a convoy getting started.

I-80? Last I checked - you have to take 39 or 55 north to get to 80?
I-55 is a more direct route to Chicago from Bloomington. Chicago is
where the convoy picks up. Technically I kick it off by heading down
from Wisconsin - to Chicago, Tuesday. Wed AM - the convoy rolls out -
last year it had myself, Josh Battles, and Barry Oliver. We head out
I-90 east. Most direct route there is really.

> Also, I may need help with my truck. I suspect oil is leaking into my #6
> cylinder. If the plenum gasket or something like that needs to get
> replaced, are there going to be enough knowledgable people available to
> help? Also I would like assistance tracking down an unknown rattling coming
> from somewhere on the passenger side engine that needs help.

heh - Jesse James can't hold a candle to the DML Shenanigans Team.
You've got a top notch group of guys who can tear down yer truck and
rebuild it in 3 hours flat heh. And not to sound like I'm bragging -
but I just recieved my ASE certification :D

> The second item, can someone run a Carfax report for me? The VIN is
> 1G2WR5213YF110637 . E-mail is chris92@NOSPAM__insightbb.com
>
> Thanks!

CarFux sucks.... you can run it to see what comes up - but take it with
a lump or 40 of salt. General consensus around here is that its NOT
bullet proof by any means.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *32* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/