Dak Bonding (Part III)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 18:16:05 EDT

Hey, DML!

Ya know, once your Dak lets ya start takin care of her, she just won't
letcha quit!
She said, "Bob, the ramps are still there, & you have the synthetic gear
lube (with the Hypoid additive) & RTV, why doncha change my rear punkin
fluid?" So I did. Glad I did. A couple of the lower bolts had acked off a
bit & there was evidence of some drippage...What was left in there was
pretty clean & I found no fragments, so I'm pretty sure the BaadVibes were
strictly from the bad U-Joint....
Recently I've noticed some metallic rattling/clanging from the rear end when
I hit bumps or seams in the pavement & I thought maybe the spare was loose -
but NO! the bushing in the ProComps were GONE - I mean disintegrated! So
were the bushings around the retainer bolts - both sides- top AND bottom...
So now she has new Tokico's in the rear & with a BF wrench I was able to
drop the spare...I'll get your mechanism in there yet, Mike!
Ennyhoo, gonna clean up the tools & take a ride & see what else can be makin
noises!
Later (again),

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(The DAKSY-doo list gets shorter!)