Re: Trouble codes

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 17:07:02 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> menefreghista <usriflecal30_m1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> : 95 5.2L throws these....12, 22, 37 and 55. I am aware
> : of what they are by using the trouble decoder on the
> : dml home page. 12 and 55 are nothing, but I have a
> : check engine light on. I have replaced the ECT sensor
> : on the block. Next step????
>

> Unfortunately the key on-off method can only narrow it down
> so far. As you no doubt noticed when you ran the trouble codes
> on the DML page, 22 could be 2 things, and 37 could be 6
> different things. As the next step I would recommend narrowing
> that down to find out exactly what the computer is complaning
> about. I know that many auto parts stores, such as Autozone
> will read your trouble codes for free, but unfortunately I'm
> not sure if they can only do OBD-II or if they have the ability
> to check the earlier vehicles. It would be worth stopping
> in or calling to check, anyway. Worst case scenario would be
> you would have to stop at a dealer (or an independent garage with
> the proper equipment) to have them read your codes. Unless you
> are on very good terms with them though, that's probably going to
> cost you some money. Anyway, that's what I recommend - find
> someone who can pull the exact trouble codes and you'll be on
> much better footing to decide what to do next.

At AutoZone we can pull OBD-II codes with an Actron code reader, we have
ground test keys for GM OBD-I 9just flashes out the codes via check
engine light) and a code reader for Ford OBD-I - but for pre OBD-II
Chryslers we are limited to the key on/off method.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *22* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/