Re: '98 Auto - 2 ?'s

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 05:18:20 EDT

Hey Mike...

<snip> 2 questions here, I've a 98 auto, 318, and it's started
 2 bad habits,

 1 - sort of a surging, fast/slow at idle, really have to
 keep the brake on hard at a stoplight<snip>

Is she Throwing a MIL? If so, didja pull the codes?
If not, it sounds like your Throttle Positionig Sensor (TPS) is has Sh*t the
bed...

<snip> 2 - The tip of the shifter, is loose on the shaft, and is
 beginning to slide. the OD switch still works OK.

 89,000 miles<snip>

Can't help ya there, I've got a 5-speed...You'll hafta wait for the rest of
the list to wake up!
Sorry...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY