Hard Start

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 21:41:27 EDT

Hey everyone. Had a small problem arise with my truck. 2003, 4.7, 4x4,
manual trans, 41,000 miles. I'd say it started about 2 weeks ago. My truck
has a hard time starting. It cranks, but is taking a longer time to get
thne engine started. The length of time varies. Sometimes it can take 5
seconds, others it can take 2 seconds. Though it almost always takes
longer than it should to start. The crank is steady. It doesn't sound like
the battery is dying and its cranking slowly. I took it to my mechanic and
had him check it out. He says it the problem didn't appear for him.
Figures, right? So anyway, I guess my question is does anyone think it
could be something other than a bad starter? Like some other problem that
has been fairly common in the dakotas. It's only 2 years old. I know the
miles are kind of high, but that's because I've had a long commute to work
since March. So it's not like I've been starting my vehicle more often.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota