Re: Re: Hard Start

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 01:03:01 EDT

droo wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:46:40 -0400, Jon <jonram2004@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> I'd look at the battery first. My '96 would always crank at the same
>> speed
>> (from the sound), but it would take longer and longer as the battery ran
>> down. Does she run rough when she catches?
>

> It seems a little rough, but it's run like that since new so it's not
> out of the ordinary.

I know what you should do! Buy a new Dak and then swap the battery to
see if it makes a difference. If not, at least you got an extra truck! ;-)

Seriously, I would definitely investigate the battery. The OEMs are
complete junk and seem to either fail very quickly or slowly over a
period of a few weeks.

-Bill