RE: OT: Completed my 360 Swap into my Barracuda

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 10:58:50 EDT

Freakin awesome!

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
david.clement@verizon.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:51 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: OT: Completed my 360 Swap into my Barracuda

Finished up the 360 swap into my 68 Barracuda last week end. My first
driving
impressions (limiting my rpms to 4500) is; "oh my god, what have I
done!!!!!"
:)

My second driving impression is; "oh my god, what have I done!!!!!" the gas
gauge moves as fast as the tach. :\

My goal was to build an engine with enough power to scare me and I have
certainly accomplished that. Definately need to get the subframe connectors
under the car and some bigger rear tires. Still some carb tweaking to do but
overall the engine runs real strong. A new exhaust goes under the car this
Friday. Currently have the 2 1/4" dual system from the slant 6 hooked up.
It's
way to loud with the 18" long glasspaks. I will be going 2 1/2" duals with
an
x-pipe cross over and 3 chamber 50 series delta flow Flowmasters.

FYI, it's a 78 LA block that was bored 0.030" over and zero decked for for
Keith Black KB107 flattop pistons. The heads are magnums off a 99 engine.
The
calculated compression is 10.6:1. The cam is a Comp XE268H with .509/.512
lift
with the 1.6 ratio magnum rockers. I have a Professional Products CrossWind
airgap style dual plane manifold. I built the engine with Eagle rods which
are
lighter that stock and with the lighter pistons I had to balance the
rotating
assembly, the engine is silky smooth up to my self-imposed 4500 rpm redline.
estimate the horsepower to be around 375.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4