Well, tuesday wasnt all bad(Kinda long)

From: Bill Day (billday@otecom.net)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 16:11:34 EDT

Tuesday night we decided to take a cooler down to the river and enjoy the
torrential downpour and the mud tires combined..

Was allg oing good until she asked if she could driver... regretfully I said
yes.. Well, not 5 minutes after she starts driving she is going down a
fairly steep gravel hill and decided she need to move over more to the right
so someone coming up the hill can pass by easily..

I little to much beer and little to much right turn wound us up in a massive
downhill drainage ditch fill with slop, sand and pea gravel. So i cussed
yelled and told her to get in the back seat as pull myself back into the
apssenger seat out of the briars and tried to climb int o the passenger
seat...

Well to no avail, 4hi didnt want to seem to engage so I went for the trusty
4lo, that took some work but I finally got it in and still couldnt get
anywhere, rear pumpkin highcenterd on the edge with body laying against a
muddy wall all at about a 45 deg. angle to the road...

Fortunately the guy coming up the hill was nice enough to stop, he was pulling
a car on a dolly and said he would be about 15 minutes to town and back and
give mea yank out.

15 minutes later, he is back and the truck is out with very little effort
going down hill.

Next day I inspect the damage on the truck, not bad... A little ding in the
passenger door under the handle otherwise looks decent dirty as hell inside
and out but no major damage..

Well I start the truck up about 6p.m. wednesday night to go to her
grandfathers and it starts and idles bad, real ruff... finally smoothes out.
Get to her grandfathers and as soon as I get in his driveway I see plumes of
blue smoke coming from rear.. oh shit whats wrong... she smokes for a couple
minutes after I shut it off while I chat with her granpa and check under hood
for oil leaks etc., nothing. Start it up to head home after being there
about 5 minutes and all seems normal, oil pressure stable raises when I get
on the peddle falls when I get off, until I pull back in our driveway,
smoking hard again.. So she sits until today Go outside to take care of the
chickens, front passenger is flat, fire up truck and get out compressor to
air it up no smoke all seems good, let it run about 15 minutes. Call my
tire guy and he says bring it in this afternoon, so I do, about 1 pm I head
out to leave and I will be damned if that tire isnt flat again... so I
proceed to air it up with the truck running(no smoke good oil pressure) and
head to town, simple fix break bead off clean out the seal area and reseat
the bead, walla back on the rod.

Moral of the story, women do not belong behind the wheel, whether they have
been drinking or not...

This will surely get me flamed by some of the loayl DAK mistresses....

--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and ever wanted.." http://counter.li.org #384146 284016