BBQ - new guy chimes in

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 14:41:47 EDT

Whelp, finally made it back to Waukesha (west of Milwaukee) around 5:30pm on
Sunday. Left the BBQ at around 8am and made some fantastic time (90+ mph at
times) until I hit Chicago. What took me close to 11 hrs to drive to get to
the BBQ, I was on a pace to get home in 8.5 hrs. Then I missed the damn
turn off to 80/94 (like I always seem to do) and ended up heading into
downtown Chicago at 2pm on a Sunday. Talk about traffic hell.. by the time
I finally got off 90/94 (at Division st.. rough neighborhood!) and cut thru
the city to jump on 294, I had wasted a good 2hrs. Factoring in the 1 hr
time change, it took me about 10.5 hrs to get back home. All told I
averaged around 19.2 mpg there and back - not bad at all IMO.

Thanks to all the regulars at the BBQ for your hospitality and kindness -
much appreciated. To Jon, much thanks for letting me come and see the
place. And wow, I love the land there - that in itself made the trip
worthwhile, everything else was just frosting on the cake. Mike, thanks
again for the ride around in your Dak while mine sat safely parked in the
driveway. :)

Terrible Tom - dude, you need to get one of those big biker belt key ring
things to stop all the key ring *misplacements* that seem to happen to you.
Though how you can misplace keys and they somehow turn up in the overhead
canope by the picnic tables is a real mystery. :) Strap those keys on
your belt, put a lock on the key ring and the belt, and then dare the key
faries to try and get them away from you. *grin* Christine lived up to
the image I had of her, but you let me down.. I was hoping to see her
underwater driving capabilities demonstrated.. I expected there to be a
button like Speedracers Mach 5 had, and some air tanks pop out.. haha

I definetly need to do something with the 05 before I get to the next event,
whichever one it is. It just looks too damn tiny when its near everyone
elses.. well, with the exception of Josh's, but thats intentional. The pic
of his between Mikes and Walts daks was pretty funny though.. what a
difference.

Oh well, better get back to work.. way too much crap to sift thru after a
week off.

- Rich Werning
  http://home.wi.rr.com/youcantwin