RE: [now] Offroad buggies [was] new guy chimes in

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 02:51:30 EDT

Just a note if chrome moly tubing is not welded properly it can be deadly
(at least in stock cars) Might be ok for a buggy if welded properly but
Sleepy Gomez is dead set against it for race cars and a couple of books I
read on build ups were usually against it, can't remember why but will look
it up if someone wants the answer. Had something to do with guys trying to
weld it up like regular steel tubing and the welds breaking under very
little stress.

-Joe