Re: ScanGauge & Ram Implosion Wing

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 17:45:26 EDT

"Zachary Burcham" <roadking_dakota@hotmail.com> wrote:
: I can see one HUGE advantage over just calculating it on your own. You
: could do real-time on-the-fly changes to speed and other factors and see how
: they affect mph rather than fill the tank up, drive for a bit, head back to
: the station fill-up, calculate. Change and start it all over. When I
: wanted to see what my V8 TB did to my mpg on the highway, had to top off the
: tank make a few highway runs (which aren't too often for me) and then head
: back and fill it up (a day later no doubt) and calculate it. It would be
: nice to throw on a mod and just hit the road and see what you get.

   Yep, plus the "fill it up" method is most accurate when you put a
lot of gas in. When you're just topping off a few gallons at a time,
who's to say the pump stopped at the exact same point? At least when
you're putting 20-30 gallons in, the error caused by not being able
to fill it to *exactly* the same place is greatly reduced. So anyway,
yeah, an "on the fly" reading can be very helpful for that type of
stuff, assuming the method used for sampling and calculating is
accurate.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'