Re: OT: Garmin add-on maps

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 11:45:48 EDT

On Fri, August 12, 2005 11:32 am, Andy Levy said:

> Don't worry about them being obsolete, Jason. The continent is pretty
> stable, geologically speaking. 99% of the things that would appear on
> a topo haven't moved in the last couple years :)

I didn't say my topo maps were out of date, just that the metro guides and
urban street-level detail have all been updated since I bought them. The
metro guides have retail locations, so you can find things like the
nearest gas station, hotel or restaurant, which of course changes
frequently.

Oh, well, my eMap GPS is supposedly obsolete as well, so I guess I'll just
have to make do with it. It still works fine for navigation, but of
course the longer I keep using the same data the more road construction
will happen, and the less accurate my maps will be. I'll probably upgrade
some day, but I'm not worried about it for now.