Re: 2005 Daktoberfest

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 14:43:50 EDT

Don <y2kota@y2kota.us> wrote:

: Trying to make plans, Is there a date set yet for the 2005 Daktoberfest?

   Not yet, haven't really given it any thought yet actually. :-)
If there is anyone who is planning to attend Daktoberfest and they
know for sure that there are certain dates which will or won't work
for you, please shoot 'em my way and I'll try to accomodate as many
people as possible. As far as the timeframe goes, by the name you
can probably guess that its usually in October sometime. :-) My
unofficial policy has been to sort've plan it for about the time
when the leaves are changing for some nice scenery, but it could
be anytime, really... It is usually planned the same as the BBQ,
as a friday and saturday event, although often the turnout is
such that it ends up being a saturday only event.

   Don, aren't you in Texas? Please don't take this the wrong way,
I'm not saying that you shouldn't come :-) but Daktoberfest is on a
much smaller scale than the BBQ. If I were going to be travelling
all that distance, I'd be inclined to save the effort for the BBQ
which is a bigger event, and has a better chance of good weather.
Unless of course you were planning to be in the general area anyway?

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'