Re: dynomax ultra flow question

From: Brian Fitchett (bfitchett@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 14:28:54 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:
> Gabriel A. Couriel said:
>
>>Glacieranybody running a dynomax ultraflow muffler (other than the stock R/T
>>muffler)? what does it sound like compared to a Flowmaster 40 (is it
>>louder, quieter, about the same)? i'm considering upgrading my exhaust and
>>the muffler noise is a key concern, as i'm going to be doing a lot more
>>highway travelling than i have before, and want to eliminate some of the
>>droning from the FM 40.
>

> You've got the V6, right? Check out Gibson if you get a chance. I've got
> the 3" swept side on my truck and not only does it look stock, it sounds
> great on the V6, much better than most of the other ones out there IMO.

I will agree with Josh and Jon the Gibson. I have a dual out the back,
it doesnt look stock but also sounds really good. Have heard some
flowmasters on the V6 and I think the Gibson is WAY better sounding. At
highway speeds its not loud at all (although the music generally is). I
know they cost more, but I think its worth it. I got mine used from a
fellow DMLer.

Brian