Fwd: '98 popping at low speed...

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 08:57:14 EDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com>
Date: Aug 29, 2005 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: DML: '98 popping at low speed...
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net

On 8/28/05, dakman_79@yahoo.com <dakman_79@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My '98 has the low speed pop. IIRC there's a TSB for this and it's related to
> the steering shaft. Since my truck is 7 years old (only ~17.6k miles, though),
> will the dealer cover this? Or is this coming out of my pocket? I just want
> it fixed because it's annoying and rather unsettling.

 TSBs are out of pocket unless you're under warranty - they're just a
notice to the service departments saying "we've had a lot of reports
of this, here's the good fix for it." If you're under warranty but
don't have the issue described by the TSB, the dealer may or may not
perform it at all (as preventative maintenance). If you have an
extended warranty and that part is covered by it, the most you might
be out is the deductible.

 But if you can get a copy of the TSB, you can probably do much of the
work yourself.