Re: RE: DML Digest V5 #2448

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 01:05:40 EDT

> Yeah, but when everyone here filled up on Monday and Tuesday, the pumps
> were about empty today? So why jack the prices today? Your Supply and
> Demand makes sense but if you really follow the rules, prices should
> come down while everyone is burning off that cheaper gas. I hear ya on
> the taxes though, it's the same problem that attacks Europe to a greater
> degree.

It's called the market price. Stations change the price based on the
market prices of crude oil, refined unleaded, and what the local market
will pay. These prices change day to day, hence the prices change.

Prime example... I sell you an ounce of gold today for 435.60 and let's
pretend that tomorrow the price spikes to $460.00 an ounce. Are you
going to sell it at $435.60 tomorrow?? I think not!!

> As for the oil companies makin' money, that's what a business does. I didn't
> see anyone begging dairy farmers to cut back prices when milk was
> hitting $4 a gallon. Oil companies are making record profits because we
> Americans are buying bigger more gas and oil chuggin' vehicles like our
> beloved Hemi powered vehicles. Asking them to trim back profits so we
> can sustain our insane lifestyle is asking them to do something that
> they could've done for Europe decades ago. It's just not feasible.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner!

It's a CONSUMER driven market, if the price is really too high people
won't buy it. But if you can afford a 60k H2, I think they can afford
the $70 fillups. My problem is when they bitch about the price of gas.
  They're blind to the fact that they're causing it. It's hypocricy due
to ignorance, plain and simple.

I'm smiling when I put $60 into my 05.... Because I'm gonna have some
fun with that 4.7! Did just that last night!
http://garyhedlin.com/slips.jpg :)

Gary Hedlin
05 4.7 SLT 2WD
98 3.9 Sport 2WD