Hello All!

From: Jeremy Noye (jjnoye@rogers.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 10:17:50 EDT

Hello to everyone!

I'm new here to this message board. I'm also new to
the wonderful, yet sometimes frustrating world of the
Dodge Dakota. At the beginning of June I purchased an
'87 Dakota 3.9l V6, 2WD. I love the truck so far, even
though I've put a couple of $$$ into it (new steering
rack, brake lines, starter etc.)
My plan with this truck is to make a show/go vehicle
out of it.

Show:
Shave everything - handles, antenna, taillights,
tailgate, rollpan etc. If I can shave it, I'm going to
:P
Paint - Probably some kind of blue pearl.
Wheels - Haven't decided if I want to go 18"-20" with
low profile tires, or 15"-16" with some fat meats.

Go:
Engine - 318 or 360 with mild cam, headers, carb, and
all the other little go fast goodies.
Exhaust - Full headers back 2 1/4"-3" dual exhaust,
depending on what my system needs.

Where I would really like some input from you guys who
know the Dakota and have done the V8 swap is on my ci
selection. I've heard the 360 is surprisingly hard on
gas, which is why I was leaning towards the 318. This
is going to be a daily driver with about a half hour
drive to classes. With the way the fuel prices are I
don't want to be spending every penny I have on gas.
So is the 360 as bad as I've heard? I'd rather have
the 360 because as the old saying goes, there's no
replacement for displacement!

Well, I look forward to chatting with all you guys and
also look forward to your input on project "Billie the
Kid".

Peace
Jeremy