RE: The Red Cross

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 16:03:24 EDT

This is all straying way off topic and I am only going to post once on this
subject, and it is not intended to flame anyone so please keep tat in mind.
You might be best not just blindly donating to the Red Cross. Some time
after 9-11 it came out that some of the top honchos at the RC were crooked
thieving bastards. The organization itself is a good idea and I support it
but there were issues with the directors that have supposedly been solved,
but I am still not sure. I do know that because of the accusations that
came to light at least one if not more of the directors of the Red Cross
were either removed or forced to resign. There was one example I recall off
hand about the mud slides in Cali a while back where there were local
contributions that totaled something north of 5 million and the actual money
that went to help the mudslide victims was in the neighborhood of 300k.
This was before the shake up at the top so I have no idea if things have
improved or not. Just an FYI so you can maybe be better aware of how your
contributions might be used. Again not trying to flame anyone or slam what
over the years has been a good charity organization.

-Joe