Re: tire size question

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 10:55:35 EDT

On Fri, September 9, 2005 8:51 am, Josh Battles said:

> Mine came with 235/75 series tires on it, yet my door tag still says
> 215/75.
> The only place I found any documentation of the tire size change was on
> the window sticker.

Same story on my '95 4x4. The door tag is the absolute minimum tire size
which allows the truck to carry the weight listed there as the GVWR.

The tire department at Costco in Scarborough didn't understand this. They
refused to sell me a set of 235/75R15 tires, regardless of the fact that
it was the same as the size already installed when I brought it in. They
pointed to the door sticker and said they would not install over-size
tires. I took my business to a shop that was more interested in having
it.

For the record, I should point out that this was an isolated incident.
Our own Adam Blaster works in a Costco tire department, and he's had
over-size tires installed there in the past. I just happened to get a
store where the tire department was run by a hand-wringing bureaucrat.