Re: Move over Winnabago....

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 15:20:37 EDT

In article <dgf3vf$6a2$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>
> : earthroamer.com
>
> : Its on a PowerChoak chassis I know... but none the less - - I WANT ONE!!!
>

> Their prototype was a Cummins Ram - I wonder why they switched the
> chassis? (Click on the "ER2K Proof of Concept Vehicle" link.)

Probably because Dodge doesn't sell the 4000 cab & chassis in the US. Looks
like Earthroamer is building their trucks on a F450 chassis(15k GVW). As much
as I love Dodge, the 3500 just doesn't handle the weight as well as a F450 or
F550. I had both Dodge & Ford when I had the towing business and even though
the Cummins Ram pulled harder, it couldn't carry the weight as well as the
Fords did. Back then (96-97), the 3500 came in 500lbs lighter gross than an
F350.

Walt