Re: Hi-Beam/Low beam switch

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 13:04:51 EDT

DAKSY said:

> Hey, DML..
>
> Drivin the DAKSY home from dinner tonite - on a dark country road at about
> 50MPH, with the hi-beams on, another vehicle approached us & I hit the lever
> to go back to lows & THE ROAD WENT DARK! Everything went out! Hi-beams,
> lo-beams & foglights! WTF!?!?!?!
> I hit the switch again & nothing changed...I hit it again & the Hi-beams
> came back - right into the oncoming vehicle
> driver's eyes...
> Hit it again & the Lo-beams came back...
> Is this an isolated incident or am I looking at pulling off the steering
> wheel to replace the entire turn-signal/Hi-Lo
> switch?
> Definitely freaked me out...I didn't go to Hi-beams again, for fear of it
> recurring...
> Any Ideas?
> TIA,

That happened to me a couple of times except that I couldn't get any
headlights back. I had to leave the truck at a friends house and replace the
multi-function switch the next day. It's not too expensive of a part and
should only take you about 15 - 30 minutes depending on beer content.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com