Re: Re: lower ball joints

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 00:06:48 EDT

>>>Is this something that is covered under a federal warranty?? I was told
yesterday by a honest mechanic that both of my lower and one of my upper's
are wore out and need to be replaced. What can I do to get this taken care
of?? It is a '99 2WD club cab.<<<

this is how it works....

ONLY upper ball joints are covered for 2000-2003 trucks. 97-99's are not
covered. Your dealership can pull what is called a VIP summary. This will
tell you if your ball joints (uppers only) are included in the warranty
extension. If you have a 97-99 or a 2004 you are not covered. The VIP
summary will also tell you if you are subject to the recall on the upper
ball joints.
Also, the warranty extension is up to 100,000 miles. So if you have over
100k, no warranty.
You're most likely lookin' at the $600 range for ball joints if you pay out
of pocket.....

-miggity