RE: RE: wiper function

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 09:28:37 EDT

I have such a bad memory but I think is was around $70 for a reman. I also
think it had a lifetime warranty...I think...

If you do replace the motor, it would be a good time to replace the
bushings. Not just the one where the motor connects to the linkage but all
of them.
To replace it, the wiper arms need to be removed, washer tubes disconnected,
cowl removed.

If you replace all the bushings, the easiest way is to remove the 2 wiper
actuator things (3 bolts in each one) and assemble the new bushings and
linkage out of the cowl, otherwise they stay in to replace the motor only.
Also, you need 3 small bushings and 1 large. The 3 small ones are easy to
find in "Help" products. The driver side is the one that needs a large one
and a small one. I couldn't find a large one so I drilled out a spare small
one to work. I got the "extremely confused parts guy" response when I
looked for the large one.

All this applies to my '93. I don't remember what your is.

Of course make sure to check the simple things first as others have
suggested (bad ground).

Have fun.
James