Re: 95 Dakota Just joined

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 09:32:01 EDT

Greg K. Cooper said:

> Hello folks! I just joined the list. I am Greg Cooper in Huntsville,
> Alabama. I have been doing Turbo Dodges since the mid-eighties. I am
> active in several Shelby-Dodge related lists as well.

Hi Greg, welcome to the disfunctional family otherwise known as the DML.

> I am an ex-Chrysler engineer and was the Manager of the Mopar Tech Hotline
> for several years.

Nice! What kind of stuff did you design?

> I have a friend that is an aerospace machinist and he helped me out with
> some mods. I first enlarged the stock TBI unit to 50mm from the paltry 43mm
> bore (27% increase in area). A 35mm phenolic spacer was installed under the
> throttle body. A Wolverine Blue Racer Torque cam was installed, as well as
> header wrap on the exhaust manifold. The head and intake were enlarged and
> dimple ported (like a golf ball), the compression was increased a full
> point, flame propagation grooves were cut into the combustion chambers,
> colder plugs installed, base timing increased 4 degrees, and cylinder bores
> were increased .040 (adding 60cc's displacement). My friend is in the
> process of turning an underdrive pulley for me right now for a %25 reduction
> in accessory speeds.

Wow, that's a pretty nice list of mods you've got there. Do you have any
pictures of the head? I'd be interested to see how they look after all that
work. What are the advantages to dimple porting? I've read up on the flame
propigation grooves, do they really work as "advertised?"

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com