RE: 5.2L (magnum) a classic?

From: Pindell, Tim (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 11:22:45 EDT

I agree. These engines are probably never going to be valuable as
collectors' items. There is another way one can think of the term
"classic": design. They should retain a great deal of utility and value
as rock-solid, well-built power plants. A reliable engine such as the LA
series doesn't stick around relatively unchanged, and in huge production
numbers, for decades without a large dose of solid engineering behind
its design. I take great comfort in knowing that the Magnum 318 in my
'94 Dak shares that lineage.

With that in mind, how about the 727 (and its progeny) or the 833 as an
example of classic design?

Tim

:-)
>> I guess what I am trying to say is that having the first model year
of
>> a particular engine is certainly an interesting statistic, but there
>might
>> be other factors which would make a later year more desireable. (For
>example,
>> for the few years that the Buick Grand National was around, the motor
>> seemed to change from year to year, increasing in power each time.
The