RE: O2 Sensors and Gas Mileage

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 20:45:27 EDT

I swapped mine out when I was having problems(not o2 related). I did a full
tune up, new exhaust, including a high flow cat and flowmaster cat back.
Got her running like new again but saw MAYBE a half point higher MPG and
that might have been caused by some other tips on this list, most noticably
running up to stop signs with the truck in gear and not putting the clutch
in an coasting. This is a '99 318 5spd. My best to date all hwy driving is
a tick over 20 MPG. Unfortunately best mileage in my fleet of cars =(

-Joe