RE: DML Digest V5 #2488

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 11:03:17 EDT

I think you are underestimating aero on these trucks. I remember reading
once that a light bar on a police car could take 3-5 mph off a top speed in
one of those cars. You're 20HP short of a 90s vette/F-body and off by more
aero than you can imagine. I can remember in my V6 CC that it pulls really
well up to about 75-90 and then the acceleration gets really slow. It may
pull to 115 really easy, but I bet it'll hit a wall not too far above that.
I bet you could get 140 out of a "stock" powered Dakota, but it would have
to be dropped, stripped, shaved and anything with drag taken off, including
rear bumper, antenna, door handles, mirrors anything to get the weight and
drag down. Those 5.7s were also designed for speed, the 5.2 is designed to
haul/tow.

Zach Burcham
92 CC 3.9L 2WD
92DakotaHD