Re: 5.9L R/T engine on E-Bay

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 00:39:23 EDT

In article <20051020204001.85825.qmail@web33206.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
dkramarsky68@yahoo.com (Dan Kramarsky) writes:

> getting back to the engine swap topic....
>

> I saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dodge-RT-5-9L-COMPLETE-ENGINE-TRANS_W0QQitemZ8007238779QQca
tegoryZ33615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

> Can Victor or Kevin comment on the useability of this engine?
>
> One thing comes to mind, he doesnt say what year it was. Just that it had
60k miles on
> it. And a second thing is that his E-Bay acct isnt very active. The last
thing he sold
> was a 1986 Jag for about $4500 and that was back in July.
>
> -dan

Looks like a pre-2000 motor. I see blue top injectors. I am fairly certain all
the 360s switched to a red top Design III injector in 2000. Balancer also looks
to be a pre-2000 unit, although it is hard to make out with the fan still on
the engine. No obvious mods, still has the stock airhat, plug wires, clutch fan
and manifolds. 60k miles is pretty good for a junkyard motor. Shipping an
engine and tranny would probably be $350-500, depending on distance. He has
bought a couple things on ebay recently, not much though. Hard to tell with
ebay, although the auction ended at $500 and the reserve was not met. He has
been a member since 2003, and just listed a Cadillac. Probably a decent engine,
depending on how much he actually wants for it.

Chances are the plenum gasket is blown, and I would at least tear down the
engine to the short block to check everything visually. Figure an extra $120 or
so for a Mopar teardown gasket set. Little more if you decide on a Felpro 1008
head gasket over the stock Mopar. $60 or so for a double roller chain while you
are in there. $40 for a fresh serpentine belt would be a good idea too. Could
probably unload the tranny for $250-500 to help soften the blow.

Kevin
1992 CC 318 2wd