Re: OT: iguana > volvo

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 00:13:19 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> On Tue, October 25, 2005 5:47 pm, Josh Battles said:
>
>>This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on the internets, I
>>couldn't keep it to myself.
>

> Hysterical!
>
> Somewhat related, we seem to have a nest of yellow jackets living in our
> ceiling and lighting fixtures in our living room and kitchen. Anyone have any
> suggestions how to get them out without being swarmed or poisoning ourselves?

It depends. Do they ever come out into the room? If so, you could get
a few yellow jacket traps (they're all over the hardware stores here)
and hang them near the light fixtures. There's bait in there that
attracts them and then they become stuck inside and die. That ought to
take a nice dent out of their population, at which point it shouldn't be
as bad to get some wasp spray in there to kill them. Although I've
never used these traps inside (never had the need) they work great
outdoors to keep the yellow jackets/wasps/etc. away from the patio.
Yellow jackets tend to be somewhat aggressive, too, so you've got to be
careful.

On another note, I've recently seen some ads for a new insect spray
that's "plant based" so it's not quite so toxic for humans but still
does a number on the bugs. I can't remember who makes it, though.

-Bill