Re: tires

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 18:33:17 EST

At 06:01 PM 10/28/05, Eric Luce wrote:

>Also, would I be better off with the Dueler APT's, or the AT Revo's
>, and why ??
>Both seem to get great reviews. Tire noise and wear are strong considerations
>also. Thanks in advance for you input. I'm looking forward to the
>various opinions.

If you only drive very rarely in a light dusting of snow or not at
all, take a look
at the Dueler HL Alenza. It's strictly an all-season, highway type of tire
with excellent wet/dry handling. I went to them this summer since my driving
needs are similar to yours. I chose them rather than picking the AT Revo (son
of the tire shop owner that I use has them on his pickup and raves about them)
since I have Blizzaks for the winter. Great ratings on noise and wear too.
Extra pluses were the T-rating and one of the few manufacturers using black
rubber instead of a wax mixture and a de-oxidating agent in their rubber.
Really happy with them.

Limited size availability though. I use 235/75 by 15s on stock 15 x 7 rims.
Same width as the 235/70s but taller. You would need a computer flash
to correct for the speedo error. HTH.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, na modded 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE w transgo, 4.56 SG,
      3000 stall converter, 4175 lb race weight, 13.76 @ 99.65