Re: Transmissions - I need a little skooling!

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 19:56:20 EST

If you want to select your own gears, I've got a pile of NV3500's
(literally). I wouldn't count on any bolting in place without mods
anywhere, but it will eliminate any electroinc control issues. The need of
a clutch won't help your case though...

I've got my original NV3500 from my 94 4x4. It made some very bad noises in
1st, 2nd and 3rd, but 4th was fine (I managed to drive it home about 150
miles after it croaked. Freeway driving at night was very helpfull) This
also has a cracked mounting ear on it, but it was like that for 50,000 miles
or so and still worked.

I've got a replacement NV3500 (new / rebuilt) for a 4x4, but suspect it's
the newer style Dakota as the drivshaft wouldn't fit when installed. I've
also got yet another 3500 with a 4x2 tailhousing on, but I don't know if
this is designed for the older (Gen 2, or newer Gen 3) Dakota. The company
that I purchased my replacement trans from had more than a little trouble
sending the right one. It's been over a year or so and no problems once
they sent one that fit.

You can have my old 3500 if you want. I'd like to sell off the other two
newer ones for $750. Basically, what the company will be charging me if
they ever figure out I never sent them back. Aparently acounting isn't one
of their strong suits either...

David 94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's