Re: strange trailer wiring with 2002 Quad Cab w/factory 7-pin

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 15:30:35 EST

    It goes to show that not only are my eyes going, so is my memory.

   I remember now...

  All the trailer lights were working when it was connected to the Chevy
Pickup.... Because it was wired correctly at that time, Before my
brother-in-law dropped off the trailer at my house when I wasn't home and
disconnected the hitch but didn't unplug the connector and just drove off.

  I had to call him to get the connector back, rewire things all over again and
that is when I miss-wired the white ground, tested the lights, found there
was a problem and got sidetracked with other things and forgot about it
until I needed the trailer again.

The trailer has sat since April so I completely forgot about this until it
came time to get the trailer inspected and back on the road.

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org