Re: NEW BOOK: How to modify your Mopar Magnum V-8

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 16:10:54 EST

In article <20051107174238.70285.qmail@web33203.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
dkramarsky68@yahoo.com (Dan Kramarsky) writes:

> "How to Modify Your Mopar Magnum V-8"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1557884730/qid=1131384831/sr=1-2/
ref=sr_1_2/103-4321518-1615851?v=glance&s=books

> by Larry Shepard
>

> Has anyone bought this new book yet?
>
> I have the first book by Larry Shepard on the Magnums. Its called "How to
Rebuild Your
> Mopar Magnum V8"
>
> That book was good for information but it didn't read very well. It was
kinda jumbled up
> like it was just copied out of a mechanic's notebook and didn't get edited
for content.
> :) But the info it did have in it was very informative. It's a great book
to use along
> with the "Magnum Engines, 2nd Edition" book from Mopar Performance.
>
> -dan k.
> san diego
>
> Dan K.
> '92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.55 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.
>
> Mods: Cool air, K&N oil/air, 180* T-Stat, Autolite 3924s, re-located IAT,
 Trans-Go shift kit.

> Future: Swap motor for a slightly modified Magnum 5.9L engine.

I haven't heard anything about that book but this one has gotten pretty good
reviews. This is a quote from devilbrad over on bionicdodge.

"I got home today and the "How to build big inch small block Mopars" book was
here. I spent a couple hours reading it and all I can say is "Excellent
material!!" I was pleasantly suprised at the amount of Magnum motor info in it.
Lots of good tech. Oiling systems, block prep, and extensive coverage of R3
blocks. They compared Magnum to LA stuff in every arena and some parts were
very techinical and formulas were abundant. If you like to read, I highly
recommend this book! Opened my eyes in some areas. Good thing the 318 isnt
bolted back together, gotta make some simple changes now!"

http://tinyurl.com/dynv5

Kevin
1992 CC 318 2wd